Ethical Care with Purpose
Ethical treatment and the highest standard of care can be guaranteed by each of our physicians, without any unnecessary procedures or testing. We also strive for ON-TIME appointments and minimal waiting time for our patients.
Meet the Doctors
Dr. Thomasin Hammer has been working in private practice since 2001. She obtained her Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine in 1999 and spent 2 years in Portland, Oregon completing her surgical residency through the Good Samaritan/Kaiser system. She is board certified in Foot Surgery. Despite her surgical training, she still prefers to treat foot pathology with an aim for conservative care first. She has been a trusted physician in the Spokane area both by patients and referring providers for 22 years.
Thomasin Hammer, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Thomasin Hammer joined the Family Foot Center directly out of her surgical residency in 2001. She was involved with the Sacred Heart Wound Care Clinic for eight years and is currently also working one day per week at the Welpinit Indian Health Clinic. She is board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatry Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Hammer is trained in treating a multitude of foot conditions ranging from ingrown toenails to reconstructive bunion surgery to preventative diabetic foot care. Her philosophy is to always choose the right treatment and to make a medical decision based on the best interests of her patients, without financial influence. She feels it is important to always render conservative care first where possible. Dr. Hammer has been active and athletic her whole life, which makes her understand the importance for her patients to want to be active and walk without pain.
She’s very much affected and humbled by the trust that her patients and referring providers place in her services.
In her spare time, she enjoys running, swimming, dance, water sports, and travel. She is married with two children and appreciates a fulfilling home and work/life balance.
- B.S. Biology, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA 1994
- D.P.M., California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco, CA 1995-1999
- Residency, Podiatric Surgery:
- Legacy/Good Samaritan Hospital, Kaiser Permanente NW Portland, OR 1999-2001
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery
- Washington Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
John K. Clyde, DPM FACFAS
Dr. John K. Clyde joined Family Foot Center in August 2023. He has been practicing at UW Medicine|Valley Medical Center in Renton, WA since 2014. He started his career in private practice in Spokane in 2012 after he received his residency certificate in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery with added Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery Credential from John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, TX.
Dr. Clyde maintains the highest credentials available with board certification from the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery with certification in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot /Ankle Surgery. He also has Board Certification from the American Board of Podiatric Medicine with Certificate of Added Qualification in Amputation Prevention and Wound Care.
Dr. Clyde and his wife are excited to be able to raise their young family in the Spokane area with his wife who enjoyed growing up here.
- B.A. Spanish, Trinity University, San Antonio, TX, 2004
- D.P.M (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine) Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, North Chicago, IL, 2009
- Residency Certificate, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery with added Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery Credential, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX 2012
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery: board certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot /Ankle Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine: board certified with Certificate of Added Qualification in Amputation Prevention and Wound Care.
- MultiCare Valley Hospital and Medical Center, Spokane Valley, WA
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, Spokane, WA